Merkland Street [Subway] (1896-1977)
Opened on the Glasgow District Subway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was an underground station. The east end is directly below the embankment of Partick station which is above at street level.
The street entrance was located on Merkland Street. Partickhill station was to the north across Dumbarton Road.
The station had an island platform.
The station closed in 1977 and was replaced by Partick [Subway] which is to its immediate east. This is part of a combined station with Partick and Partick Subway] which share facilities, and a bus station to the immediate east.
Hyndland Power Box
Other railway and industry locations
Merkland Street Tunnel
Partickhill Goods [NBR]
Tod and McGregor^s Graving Dock
Meadowside Shipbuilding Yard
Partick East Junction
Pointhouse Shipbuilding Yard
Water Row Ship Yard
Partick North Junction
Finnieston West Junction
Partickhill Goods [CR]
Govan Old Parish Church
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|