Plessey Halt (1951-1958)
Opened on the Newcastle and Berwick Railway.
This was a two platform station on the north side of a level crossing. The station and level crossing no longer exist.
The main station building was on the northbound platform. The goods yard on the west side, approached by reversal from the north. A signal box was on the east side of the line, south of the crossing. Early spellings for the station included Plessy and Plessary.
The area was served by the Plessey Waggonway, an early mineral line. A large opencast site, Shotton Surface Mine on the west side of the former station, continues mining in the area.
Dudley Colliery [Station]
Morpeth [B and T]
Other railway and industry locations
West Cramlington Colliery
Netherton Howard Colliery
Seaton Burn Colliery
Bedlington ^D^ Colliery
Horton Grange Colliery
West Clifton Colliery
New Delaval Colliery
Choppington ^A^ Colliery
Bedlington ^A^ Colliery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)
Newcastle (Rail Centres)