Princes Dock Goods

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Princes Dock Goods (1896-1970)

Opened on the Princes Dock Joint Railway (Caledonian Railway, North British Railway and Glasgow and South Western Railway).


Description

This goods depot opened with the Princes Dock Joint Railway (Caledonian Railway, North British Railway and Glasgow and South Western Railway).

The line left the Govan Branch at Ibrox and ran to the Princes Dock serving all the quaysides at the east end. The quayside lines even extended as far west as General Terminus.

07/11/2017

Tags

Goods