Redstone Siding

Location type

Sidings

Name and dates

Redstone Siding (-1943)

Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.

Description

This siding was on the north side of the line, reached by reversal from the Crosshouse direction. It was between Dalry Junction and Montgreenan.

A mineral siding ran south to Redstone Colliery.

A tramway ran north from the sidings.

There was a signal box on the south side of the line opposite the siding.

The box closed in 1918 when replaced with a ground frame.

The ground frame was removed in 1943.

Tags

Siding signal box junction