Rutherglen Weighs

Location type


Names and dates

Rutherglen Station Signal Box [1st] (1879-1892)
Rutherglen Weighs (1892-1947)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


This signal box was east of Rutherglen [2nd] station and controlled its eastern approach.

The box was on the north side of the line where the siding for the Caledonian Pottery left the line (the site later being the rebuilt as the Caledonian Steel Works).

With the opening of a new Rutherglen Station Signal Box [2nd] (for Rutherglen [3rd]) further west the box was renamed Rutherglen Weighs.

It was closed in 1947 having been subsumed by Dalmarnock Junction box.

The main line remains open here.



Signal box