Opened on the Busbie Branch (Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway).
This was a two platform station north of Springside. It was to the west of a road overbridge. The station did not open with the line. Springside Farm was to the immediate south and miner's rows were to the north (the Kirkland Rows). Modern Springside is a little further south.
To the east a branch ran south to Springhill Colliery No 3 Pit, Springhill Colliery No 2 Pit, Springhill Colliery No 1 Pit, Corsehill Tile Works, Springhill Colliery No 4 Pit and Cauldhame Colliery. (There was a Springhill Signal Box, which opened in 1878.) Beyond the Springhill branch was Busbie Colliery Junction.
To the west was Springside Colliery, Springside Brick Works and a tramway south to Springside Colliery No 9 Pit and Springside Colliery No 10 Pit (and beyond).
Springside's signal box closed in 1932. The station closed in 1964 and the line closed in 1965.
Little remains of the station, the trackbed is now a footpath.
Irvine Bank Street
Bogside Moor Halt
Kilmarnock (St Marnocks)
Other railway and industry locations
Springside Brick Works
Bourtreehill Fire Clay Works
Busbie Colliery Junction
Capringstone Coal Pit No 8
Warwickhill Colliery (No 4 Pit)
Springside Colliery No 9 Pit
Springside Colliery No 10 Pit
Busbie Colliery Pit No 3
Warwickhill Colliery (No 3 Pit)
Overton Coal Pit (No 2)
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|