This was a two platform station with waiting rooms on the platforms and an office on the road overbridge at the east end.
The station was immediately east of Strathbungo Junction and immediately south of Pollokshields West on the Cathcart District Railway.
There was no goods yard.
The platform mounds, footbridge (without access to the former platforms) and former ticket office remain. The footbridge is C listed.
The bridge upon which the ticket office stands was designed to cross four tracks, but the line was never quadrupled.
Shields Road [CGU]
Shields Road [GPJ]
Shields Road [Subway]
| Muirhouse South Junction|
Muirhouse South Junction [1st]
Muirhouse Central Junction
Muirhouse Power Box
Muirhouse North Junction
Coplawhill Tram Depot
Pollokshields East Junction
Muirhouse Engineering Works
Tradeston Gas Works
Maxwell Park Goods
West Street Tunnel
Govan Coal work
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|19/07/1887||Cathcart District Railway|
Extension of line to Strathbungo, Act receives Royal assent.
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways