This was a two platform station to the south of Turnhouse Farm and east of today^s Edinburgh Airport.
The main station building was on the Edinburgh bound platform with a smaller on the Fife platform. There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the south.
The signal box here predated the station, opening in 1890 to control a trailing crossover. It was at the south end of what would become the station on the west side of the line. It closed in 1929, the year before the station.
Nothing remains of the passenger station and the goods station is now in other uses.
The airport^s passenger terminal buildings were built to the west, the station was unable to be re-opened to serve them. The cargo depot is alongside the former station. The airport is served by Edinburgh Airport [Tram] on the Edinburgh Trams system.
Edinburgh Airport [Tram]
Ingliston Park and Ride [Tram]
Edinburgh Gateway [Tram]
Gyle Centre [Tram]
Edinburgh Park Central [Tram]
Edinburgh Park Station [Tram]
Ratho (Low Level)
| Almond Viaduct|
Ingliston Shale Pit No 33
Gogar Tram Depot
Ingliston Shale Pits No 36 and 37
Royal Elizabeth Yard
Network Rail Maintenance Delivery Unit Edinburgh
Dalmeny South Junction
Dalmeny Oil Works
Cramond Iron Works
Saughton North Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Edinburgh To Inverkeithing.: including The Port Edgar, North Queensferry And Rosyth Dockyard Branches. (Scottish Main Lines.)