This is a two platform station. A stone station building still stands on the westbound platform. This is the best preserved station building on the line. Mei Hua Platform is based in the station building. There is a car park south of the station. The goods shed remains at the west end of the station, south of the line, in other uses. The lattice footbridge has been replaced with a modern large structure.
The goods yard was on the south side of the line, accessed from the west. Of the goods yard a single siding remains, used for railway maintenance. The signal box, opened with the station, was at the west end of the eastbound platform, replaced in 1889 and closed in 1981 replaced by the Edinburgh Signalling Centre.
To the east was Limefield Junction for the Addiewell Loop (Caledonian Railway).
To the west were sidings for the Addiewell Chemical Works, running out from Addiewell Oil Works Signal Box.
Westwood Oil works
Burngrange Shale Mine Pit No 39
Five Sisters Bing
Hermand Oil Works
Breich Oil Works
Addiewell Chemical Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1867||Wilsontown Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Wilsontown and West Calder Railway authorised. (Not built.)
|/ /1873||Wilsontown Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Wilsontown and West Calder Junction Railway authorised. (Not built.)
|/ /1876||Wilsontown Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Wilsontown and West Calder Junction Railway further time to complete. (Not built.)
|/ /1879||Wilsontown Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Wilsontown and West Calder Junction Railway abandoned.
Vanished Railways of West Lothian