This iron works was built over the Mouse Water, the stream running under the works in a culvert, to the north of the village of Forth at a location formerly known as Forkens. It was the first iron works in Lanarkshire.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
Wilsontown Colliery Pit No 9
Wilsontown Colliery Pit No 3
Haywood Colliery Pit No 4
Lower Haywood Signal Box
Haywood Colliery Pit No 10
Haywood Colliery Pit No 14
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1804||Wilsontown Iron Works Waggonway|
Opened from Climpy collieries to Wilsontown Iron Works by John Wilson.
Old Forth: With Wilsontown, Climpy, Braehead, Haywood, Auchengray, Woolfords and Tarbrax