This was a single platform station with a passing loop. The platform was on the west side with a two storey station building typical of the line and with a timber porch - extended at one end by a signal box (replacing an earlier box on the east side of the line opposite the south end of the platform).
A girder bridge crossed the north end of the station. At the south end a reversing spur ran south from the platform line, serving a goods yard on the west side.
The station closed to passengers in 1930 and completely in 1953.
The station building survives as a house as do railway cottages which were on the west side of the line, south of the passenger station.
Much of the site is now a sawmill. A and J Scott
Wooperton Hall is 2/3 of a mile to the west.
| Roseden Crossing|
Haugh Head Crossing
Alnwick Power Station
Kirknewton Crossing [NER]
Bendor Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|