This line was used to assist the contruction of the Talla Reservoir which serves Edinburgh.
|/ /1895||Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway|
Broughton [2nd] to Rachan 'Junction' effectively doubled (Rachan was the junction for the Talla Railway).
|28/09/1895||Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway|
First Sod of Talla Railway cut by Lady McDonald, wife of the Lord Provost of Edinburgh.
|08/09/1899||Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway|
De-railment of Talla Railway locomotive at Broughton [2nd] blocks main line.
|28/09/1905||Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway|
Talla Railway closed.
|/ /1910||Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway|
Talla Railway materials offered for sale.
|/ /1912||Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway|
Talla Railway completely lifted (Dismantled by P. and W. MacLellan Ltd of Glasgow).
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This was a three platform station, the line is now closed.
This was not a true junction. Two single track lines ran east from Broughton [2nd] to Rachan. The northern was the line east to Peebles [2nd] and the southern was the Talla Railway, built for the construction of the Talla Reservoir. This was the location where the lines divided.
This was the terminus of the Edinburgh and District Water Trust Service Railway from Broughton [2nd]. There was a platform on the east side of the line with the grand Victoria Lodge itself above to the east, up a flight of steps, and the Talla Reservoir dam to the south.