Opened on the Strathearn Junction Railway (Edinburgh and Northern Railway).
This was a two platform station on a double line. The line was singled from Bridge of Earn [2nd] to Newburgh [2nd] in 1933 and the signal box closed after which one platform remained in use and a ground frame was installed. There was a goods yard at the east end of the station, approached from the east.
The down (northbound) platform was retained after singling, it being the up line which was lifted. The down platform was in timber, the up in stone. Station buildings were modest timber huts.
This station was west of Abernethy Road, a short lived terminus of the line from Ladybank before the line was extended west to Hilton Junction, which it replaced.
Bridge of Earn [1st]
Bridge of Earn [2nd]
Other railway and industry locations
Glenfarg North Tunnel
Glenfarg South Tunnel
Clatchard Craig Quarry
Abernethy Round Tower
Old Fargie Cottage
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|