Barncluith Colliery Signal Box (-1905)
Opened on the Hamilton to Ferniegair (Caledonian Railway).
This signal box was a little way east Hamilton Central. It controlled access to Silverton Colliery, on the west side of the line, and Barncluith Colliery, on the east side. The box was between the approach to Silverton and the main line, opposite the approach to Barncluith. The collieries were approached from the north west.
The box closed in 1905.
Barncluith Viaduct and Barncluith Tunnel are to the south east.
Meikle Earnock Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Ross South Signal Box
Hamilton Old Parish Church
Chatelherault Country Park
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|