This junction was east of Barrhead. It opened in 1902 when the 1848 Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway was met by the Barrhead Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway) and, in particular, its curve from Blackbyres Junction [G and SW].
The junction shared its signal box was Barrhead South Junction, the junction for Barrhead Central. The signal box was called ^Barrhead Junctions^. This box was burned down in 1902 and replaced with a temporary box before a permanent box opened in 1903.
The junction closed in 1910 and the double track curve to Blackbyres Junction [G and SW] was lifted.
Following this the ^Barrhead Junctions^ signal box was relocated, being placed mid way between Barrhead South Junction and ^Barrhead North^ box which then closed. The relocated box was renamed ^Barrhead Junction^.
Priesthill and Darnley
| Barrhead South Junction|
Shanks Victorian Pottery Works
Levern Water Viaduct
Shanks Tubal Works [2nd]
Blackbyres Junction [G and SW]
Blackbyres Junction [CR]
Barrhead Mineral Depot
Barrhead Central Box
Shanks Tubal Works [1st]
Barrhead Gas Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways