This junction was north east of Barrhead station. It was the junction for Barrhead Central. This was a double track junction. On the north side of the junction was the Shanks Victorian Pottery Works, served by a siding making a trailing connection to the Barrhead-Glasgow line.
The signal box was shared with Barrhead North Junction (for the line to Potterhill). The box opened in 1902 with the junction.
The signal box closed in 1910 and was relocated and reused to the west, on the south side of the line, midway between Barrhead South Junction and ^Barrhead North^ box (which closed).
The junction and box closed in 1967.
The Barrhead to Glasgow railway remains open as a double track line.
Priesthill and Darnley
| Shanks Victorian Pottery Works|
Barrhead North Junction
Shanks Tubal Works [2nd]
Blackbyres Junction [G and SW]
Blackbyres Junction [CR]
Barrhead Mineral Depot
Barrhead Central Box
Shanks Tubal Works [1st]
Levern Water Viaduct
Barrhead Gas Works
Arthurlie Cotton and Bleach Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways