Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway.
This was a single platform terminus. There was a large goods yard on the east side of the site. To the south, on the west side, was a locomotive shed which was approached via reversing spur and a turntable. The terminus was approached from the south east.
The line was double track but terminated at a single platform with a loop.
The signal box, south end of the platform, closed in 1933 and the line operated with one-engine-in-steam until closure. A ground frame was installed.
In later days a railbus operated between Lugton and Beith Town. The branch closed in 1962. (From Barrmill Junction to Lugton was retained for RNAD Giffen.)
Lugton, junction station for the branch, closed in 1966, not long after closure of the branch.
The station site is now a street and housing.
Dalry Junction [Station]
| Beith Town Shed|
Glengarnock No 1 Signal Box
Glengarnock Blast furnaces
Glengarnock Iron and Steel Works
Glengarnock Signal Box
Glengarnock Steelworks Melting Shop
Glengarnock Ironworks, Bessemer Convertor Shop
Glengarnock Steelworks Girder Shop
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/11/1962||Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway|
Beith Town to Lugton closed to passengers
|05/10/1964||Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway|
Beith Town to Barrmill Junction (excluded) closed to freight.