This is a two platform station with staggered platforms - the northbound platform being slightly further north and extended in timber out over a road bridge. The stone built station building and goods shed survive.
The main station building was on the northbound platform with a stone built building on the southbound platform, the latter still stands.
There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the south. On the west side was a branch to Busby Print Works by the White Cart Water. The White Cart was crossed by the Busby Viaduct to the north of the station.
The signal box (1881) was in the ^V^ of the junction to the south of the station. There was a watertank alongside the box.
Serving the print works was one of the main reasons for the building of the Busby Railway.
The box closed in 1974, replaced by Glasgow Central Power Box.
Ming^s Express is now based in the surviving station building.
| Busby Print Works|
Clarkston East Junction
Clarkston West Junction
Muirend Carriage Sidings
Dripps Quarry Signal Box
New Braidbar Quarry
National Museum of Rural Life
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1865||Busby Railway|
Approval to extend line from Busby to East Kilbride. The Caledonian Railway working agreement is extended to East Kilbride.
Line opened from Pollokshaws (Busby Junction) to Busby largely in connection with quarrying.
Opened from Busby to East Kilbride.
|/ /1878||Busby Railway|
Approval to double Giffnock to Busby.