Chain Road Goods

Location type

Sidings

Name and dates

Chain Road Goods (1905-1966)

Opened on the Paisley and Barrhead District Railway.

Description

This was the goods yard for the never opened Ferguslie station. The goods yard was south of the station and reached by reversal from the Meikleriggs Goods branch. To the north was the branch to Ferguslie Clay Works, also served by reversal from the goods branch.

There was a goods shed to the east, loading bank to the west. Approach was from the south. The shed was gone by the 1940s by which time the yard was only a coal depot.

The goods yard site is now parkland.

Chain Road was the former name of Fulbar Road, named before the opening of the railway.

Tags

Goods yard sidings

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
05/08/2020

Dates

  /  /1904Paisley and Barrhead District Railway
Extension of time to complete works until 1907. Authorisation to buy land for the Chain Road Goods and Meikleriggs Goods branch. Agreement made with J & P Coats (the Ferguslie Thread Works was to the north).

Books


The Paisley & Barrhead District Railway