This was a two platform station. The main station building was on the westbound platform. This is a single storey ^L^ shaped sandstone building parallel to the platform with the gable end of the portion at 90 degrees at the west end.
There was a goods yard at the west end, approached from the west, on the south side of the line. The signal box was at the west end of the northbound platform.
A tramway ran north past a gravel pit to Kelhead Lime Works, around two miles to the north. It commenced from a siding at the west end of the station, opposite the goods yard.
The box was replaced in 1945 and closed in 1964. The station closed in 1965.
The station building remains in use as a house, with minimal alteration (the enclosing of a covered waiting area). The goods yard is now housing. The double track main line remains open.
New Dykes Brow
| Annan Powfoot Siding|
Kelhead Lime Works
Newbie Brick and Tile Works
Cochran^s Boiler Works
Port Street Viaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1848||Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway|
Opened from Gretna Junction to Dumfries [1st]. Stations opened at Annan, Cummertrees, Ruthwell, Dumfries [1st].
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
The Glasgow & South Western Railway a History