The former Dalcross station was south west of today^s Inverness Airport. A new station is planned for the airport, but it is unlikely to be built at the original Dalcross station site. Planning permission for a single platform station to the north east, closer to the airport, has lapsed and will probably be replaced with a double track station plan which would be more in keeping with the enhancements elsewhere on the Aberdeen - Inverness route.
This was a two platform station. It was at the east end of a double track section from Inverness. The passenger station was on the west side of a level crossing with the main building on the westbound platform. A waiting shelter was on the eastbound.
To the east of the level crossing there was a single goods siding on the south side of the line and served from the west. The siding had a headshunt serving the goods shed.
The line from [[Inverness] to Dalcross was doubled in 1864.
There was a signal box, opened in 1882, to the east of the level crossing on the north side of the line opposite the goods siding.
The station closed to passengers in 1965. The box closed when the line was singled again in 1967.
The station building remains by the level crossing, in use as a house.
Dalcross Castle is just under two miles to the south east from the former station.
Nearby, to the west, there was a timber siding in use until the 1990s. Dalcross Timber Siding.
Nearby, to the east, is Tornagrain a planned town under development by the Moray Estate.
Castle Stuart Platform
Fort George [1st]
Fort George [2nd]
| Dalcross Timber Siding|
Culloden Battlefield Memorial
Fort George [Fort]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/11/1855||Inverness and Nairn Railway|
Line opened with stations at Inverness, Culloden [1st] , Dalcross, Fort George [1st], Cawdor and Nairn.