This Caledonian Railway goods yard was on the graded line which dropped down from Breakwater Junction (to the west) to Granton Square where exchange was had with the North British Railway close to Granton station.
The line from Breakwater Junction was double track and access to the goods yard was from the west. The yard was on the south side of the line. East of the yard the line dropped to a single track. The yard had two portions, to the north (and a little lower) was the goods shed. The sidings to the south, two sets of sidings on either side of a yard, were at a higher level.
The goods shed still stands and the site is now a scrap yard.
Granton Gasworks [Station]
East Pilton Halt
Newhaven [Leith New Lines]
House O' Hill Halt
| Granton Square|
Granton Iron Works
Granton Shell Siding
Granton Esparto Wharf
Boswell Road Temporary Signal Box
Bruce Peebles Ltd
Pilton West Junction
Caroline Park Ironworks
Pilton Junction East
Granton Western Breakwater
Trinity Chain Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|28/08/1861||Granton Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Line opened to minerals and goods from Edinburgh to both Granton High Goods and Granton Western Breakwater.
|05/02/1968||Granton Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Granton High Goods closed. (Latterly accessed via the Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway).