King Street Signal Box (1891-1936)
This was the signa box for Paisley Gas Works and Paisley Western Coal Depot [2nd] . The box was on the north side of the junction. The sidings were on the north side of the line and approached from the east.
The box opened in 1891. It fell out of use and reopened again in 1908 before closing in 1936. The gas works and coal depot sidings remained open.
King Street passes under the line to the east of the former sidings. The railway passes overhead on a three track bridge, although the northern track was just a siding since lifted.
To the west was the much older Paisley Western Coal Depot [1st] .
Paisley St James
Paisley Gilmour Street
Paisley Canal [1st]
Paisley Hamilton Street
Other railway and industry locations
King Street Signal Box
Paisley Gas Works
Paisley Western Coal Depot [2nd]
Stoneybrae Signal box
Paisley Western Coal Depot [1st]
Paisley St James Shed
Underwood Coal Depot
St James Junction
Paisley Mineral Depot (GSW) Ayrshire Coal Depot
Stoneybrae Twin Signal Box
Ferguslie Thread Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|