Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Wishaw and Coltness Railway.
This was a two platform station. It was just to the north of Overtown itself. (Much closer than Overtown [2nd], to the north, which replaced this station and was closer to Waterloo.)
The station was on the west side of Main Street. There was a dock line on the south side of the station, approached from the west. A small building was located by the road bridge at the east of the station, on the south side of the line.
Nothing remains of the station.
Overton Station Colliery was to the north west on a private line to the Coltness Iron Works. Overton was a previous spelling of Overtown.
| Overton Station Colliery|
Pather Signal Box
Pather Iron and Steel Works
Law Colliery Pit No 1
Shawfield Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Morningside Incline Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Old Newmains and the Villages Around Wishaw
Wishaw 1896: Lanarkshire Sheet 18.03 (Old O.S. Maps of Lanarkshire)