Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Wishaw Deviation (Caledonian Railway).
This was a two platform station. It was north of Overtown [1st] which it replaced (both were open briefly, thus the suffix 'Waterloo' for this station which was located closer to Waterloo than Overtown.
The station was on the east side of Main Street. There were no goods facilities. There was a footbridge (probably removed in the 1930s) by the road bridge to the west, small platform buildings and a street level building by the access to the westbound platform.
Nothing remains of the station today, although the former access to the westbound platform is now a railway access point.
| Coal Pit|
Overton Station Colliery
Morningside Incline Signal Box
Pather Signal Box
Law Colliery Pit No 1
Pather Iron and Steel Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/06/1880||Wishaw Deviation (Caledonian Railway)|
Law Junction to Holytown opened. Stations opened at Wishaw Central and Overtown Waterloo.
|01/10/1881||Wishaw Deviation (Caledonian Railway)|
Overtown Waterloo re-named Overtown [2nd].
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Lanarkshire's Last Days of Steam
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway