Uplawmoor [2nd] (1962-1966)
Opened on the Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station with the main building on the Glasgow bound platform.
There was a goods yard at the west end of the station, north side of the line, reached by reversal. At the east end was a siding on the south side, also reached by reversal.
A signal box opened with the station in 1871. This was north of the station (and road over bridge) on the west side of the line. The box was replaced in 1889.
Due to the proximity of Loch Libo, just to the north east, special rates existed for curling club members to travel from Neilston [1st] to Caldwell.
The station was named 'Uplawmoor' on the closure of the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway station of the same name in 1962.
The box closed in 1965.
The station was named 'Tannochbrae' for filming an episode of Dr Findlay's Casbook in 1966.
The station closed in 1966.
The station building remains, in use as a private house. The line remains open, now reduced to a single track.
Milliken Park [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Caldwell Ironstone Mine No 2
Lugton East Junction
Lugton East Sidings
Lugton L and A Junction
Barshagra Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|