A short section of line was relaid from Stirling Road Junction on the course of the former Wishaw and Coltness Railway in 2011 (this portion of line had closed in 1974 with the closure of Kingshill Colliery No 1).
The loading pad was a single line with a loop. It was for loading opencast coal from H J Banks Co Ltd's Watsonhead open cast, formerly the Chapel Colliery, extending from the south side of the solum of the line to Chapel and Watsonhead.
After brief use traffic ceased with the failure of a planning application to expand the Watsonhead open cast.
Garriongill Junction was taken out around 2015.
| Morningside Shed|
Brick and tile works
Chapel Colliery Junction
Allanton Iron Foundry
Stirling Road Junction
Allanton Brick and Tile Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Old Newmains and the Villages Around Wishaw
Wishaw 1896: Lanarkshire Sheet 18.03 (Old O.S. Maps of Lanarkshire)