Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.
This station had an island platform with a building typical of the line. Entry was by subway from Ferryden Street.
The station had not goods yard, this being provided by the parallel Clydeside Tramway to the south. A short branch from this passed under the station via Ferryden Street to serve a timber yard and Inchholm Works.
There was a signal box, opened with the station, on the north side of the line at its east end. The box closed in 1919 but remained standing for some time afterwards.
The railway closed to passengers in 1964. This portion was singled and remained in use for freight traffic until 1980.
Like many of the former stations on this route the platform had a doocot built on the derelict island platform.
In the late 1980s, the trackbed was converted into a walkway by Sustrans and a fair portion of the embankment lowered to provide access. The western end of the platform survived.
More recently the embankment and station remains have been obliterated and built over.
Whiteinch Victoria Park
Hyndland Power Box
Merkland Street [Subway]
King George V Dock Platform
Scotstoun Show Yard
| Clydeholm Shipbuilding Yard|
Partick West Junction
Partick North Junction
Crow Road Tunnel
North British Engine Works
Partick East Junction
Partickhill Goods [CR]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)