|03/07/1865||Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway)|
Aberfeldy branch opened. Stations opened at Grandtully and Aberfeldy.
|01/03/1965||Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway)|
Aberfeldy to Ballinluig closed to freight.
These locations are along the line.
This was a three platform station with two platforms on either side of the loop and a second face of the northbound platform served the Aberfeldy branch, there being a loop alongside the curving platform. The main station building was on the southbound main line platform and there was a waiting room on the northbound and Aberfeldy platform between the two platform faces.
This single track viaduct was immediately west of Ballinluig station on the Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway). It has been demolished and the site is now occupied by a road bridge on the A827. This road bridge replaced an 1889 bowstring girder bridge which was just to the north. This, in turn, replaced the Ballinluig Ferry - which was still the method of crossing the ...More details
This viaduct, ^A^ listed, should not to be confused with the now demolished Ballinluig Viaduct which crossed the River Tummel and was just to the east. This bridge crosses the River Tay. The bridges were very similar in appearance. Both were designed by Joseph Mitchell.
This was a single platform halt with a timber platform and wooden waiting shed. The platform was on the south side of the line.
This distillery, opened 1898, is to the east of the former Aberfeldy station. It was served by a pair of sidings on the south side of the railway, approached from the west. The railway formerly passed by the north side of the distillery. To the west access to the sidings was controlled from a signal cabin, not a block post, open from 1897 to 1935. The box was on the north side of the line. The ...More details
This was a single ended one track shed just east of the station, accessed from the station, to the west, via the turntable. The turntable was removed by the 1920s.
This was a two platform terminus in the east of Aberfeldy. The main platform could accommodate a long train alongside the station building and had a run-round loop and the short platform could take a few coaches and was at the east end of the station.