This was a two platform station. The station building still stands on the site of the southbound platform, there is a passing loop and much of the former platforms. The station building had a private waiting room for Alfred Donald, 28th Mackintosh of Mackintosh of Moy Hall. This room was in the southern wing of the building.
Water columns were provided on both platforms (removed before 1916).
Goods facilities were at the north end, on the east side of the line and accessed from the south. There was a loading bank served by two sidings and the goods shed was reached by reversal.
The station had two boxes, north and south, opened in 1897. Both were on the west side. The north box was opposite a trailing crossover the goods yard turn out. By the south box was a catch point on the northbound line.
The platform tablet catcher was curious, running on rails to be slid out to its position as required.
The boxes and loop closed in 1963. The station closed to passengers in 1965.
The loop was reinstated, controlled from Aviemore, in 1979. With the closure of the box there it has now passed to the Inverness Signalling Centre.
Castle Stuart Platform
Fort George [1st]
Fort George [2nd]
| Aultnaslanach Viaduct|
Findhorn Viaduct [Tomatin]
Culloden Battlefield Memorial
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|03/05/1965||Aberfeldy Branch (Inverness and Perth Junction Railway)
Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Aberfeldy branch closed. Aberfeldy, Grandtully, Balnaguard Halt, Ballinluig, Dalguise closed (and Murthly, south of Dunkeld). To the north Killiecrankie, Struan, Dalnaspidal, Tomatin, Moy, Daviot, Culloden Moor closed.