This line is closed. The line terminated in a spacious station with an overall timber roof.
|/ /1873||Bothwell Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Short branch to Bothwell [CR] authorised.
|01/03/1877||Bothwell Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Branch to Bothwell [CR] opened.
|05/06/1950||Bothwell Branch (Caledonian Railway)|
Bothwell [CR] to Fallside (Bothwell Junction) closed to all traffic.
These locations are along the line.
The Bothwell [CR] branch started from this junction, immediately east of Fallside station. The signal box here was 'Bothwell Junction'. The first version of this was on the north side of junction. It was replaced in 1897 with a second box on the south side of the junction. This was when the Bothwell Park Brick Works opened. This was served by sidings on the north side of the main ...More details
This two platform terminus had an all-over roof. It was located immediately east of Bothwell [North British] beside the war memorial.