Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Airdrie Branch (Caledonian Railway).
Airdrie Shed [CR] was originally a wooden shed with two roads, 42ft turntable and coal stage opened south of the Airdrie [CR] terminus. It was a sub-shed of Dawsholm Shed.
Following a fire in 1899 it was rebuilt, opening in 1900 as a three road shed.
The shed closed in 1939 with the decline in local traffic during the depression. One major source, on the line to Newhouse, was the Calderbank Steel Works which closed in 1931.
The shed was demolished in 1941.
The site is now housing and nothing remains.
Airdrie Hallcraig Street
Commonhead (Airdrie North)
Calder Iron Works [Station]
| Gartlea Foundry|
Victoria Engine Works
Airdrie Gas Works
Chapelside Boiler Works
Gartness Junction [CR]
Bellsdyke Colliery Pit Nos 4 and 5
Springwells Colliery Pit No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|