This is an island platform station. There is a ticket office at street level, below the Kingston Bridge, a motorway bridge.
The platform was exposed on its north (eastbound) side and platform area covered with a glazed canopy. There was no goods yard. The site was immediately west of Anderston Cross. The original street level building, with a main block of two storeys, was by [[John James Burnett] but was demolished in 1967 around the time the Anderston area was being re-developed and preparations for the Kingston Bridge were in progress.
The signal box here closed in 1956, taken over by a new power box using coloured lighting. The line closed to passengers in 1959 and completely in 1965. It re-opened as part of the Argyle Line in 1979.
The re-opened station building is in the shadow of the Kingston Bridge on a traffic island in the midst of a busy road junction. At track level the west end of the eastbound platform is open air.
Charing Cross [GC and DR]
Glasgow Central Low Level
Central Station Broomielaw Hoist
St Enoch [Subway]
Buchanan Street [Subway]
Glasgow St Enoch
Shields Road [Subway]
West Street [Subway]
Bridge Street [Subway]
| Stobcross Street Tunnel|
Hyde Park Works [1st]
Lancefield Diesel Engine Works
General Terminus Quay
Verreville Pottery Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|10/08/1896||Glasgow Central Railway|
Maryhill Central to Glasgow Central Low Level to Glasgow Cross opened. Maryhill Central, Kirklee, Botanic Gardens, Kelvin Bridge, Stobcross, Anderston Cross and Glasgow Central Low Level stations opened.
|03/08/1959||Glasgow Central Railway|
Stobcross and Anderston Cross stations closed.
|05/11/1979||Glasgow Central Railway|
The Argyle Line; Stobcross to Strathclyde Junction and Rutherglen Junction re-opened to passengers. Stations at; Finnieston [2nd], Anderston, Glasgow Central Low Level, Argyle Street, Dalmarnock and Rutherglen.