This was a two platform station with buildings by John James Burnet. The main building was on the northbound platform alongside Kirklee Place.
To the north the lines to Bellshaugh Junction and Maryhill Central divided at Kirklee Junction, the south apex of a triangular junction. Kirklee Goods was within the triangle of lines. The signal box was on the east side of the junction.
The Bellshaugh Junction fork closed in 1960. From Maryhill Central to Kelvin Bridge station remained open for goods as a single track line until 1964.
The southern portion of the platforms remain, overgrown and derelict. The infilled bridge carrying Kirklee Road remains at the north end. Between these flats have been built on the northern end of the station.
Hyndland Power Box
| Kirklee Junction|
Botanic Gardens Tunnel
Kirklee Goods Signal Box
Maryhill Central Junction
Great Western Road Tunnel
Maryhill East Signal Box
Glasgow Lead and Colour Works
Glasgow Glass Works
MacLellan Glasgow Rubber Works
Glasgow Royal Botanic Gardens
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1894||Glasgow Central Railway|
Glasgow Council requests a bridge be built over the River Kelvin to the east of Kirklee station, connecting Ford Road, the station (both on the west bank) and Kelvin Drive (east bank).
|/12/1894||Glasgow Central Railway|
Kirklee and Kelvin Bridge opened to merchandise (light goods).
|10/08/1896||Glasgow Central Railway|
Maryhill Central to Glasgow Central Low Level to Glasgow Cross opened. Maryhill Central, Kirklee, Botanic Gardens, Kelvin Bridge, Stobcross, Anderston Cross and Glasgow Central Low Level stations opened.
|01/05/1939||Glasgow Central Railway|
|/ /1970||Glasgow Central Railway|
Kirklee station buildings demolished.