This junction was to the south of Airbles station. Two colliery lines met the Lesmahagow Railway, one on either side of the main line. Approach to the mineral lines was from the north.
Camp Colliery signal box was on the east side of the line at the junction at the top of the railway cutting. It originally served Camp Colliery which was just to the south on the west side of the line. A branch to Camp Colliery No 2 opened from the junction to run west to the colliery. This left Camp Colliery in the 'V' of the junction. A further colliery line ran south and then south east to Dalzell and Broomside Colliery. This line later also served Broomside Boiler Works. The box was replaced in 1897.
The box closed in 1967.
| Camp Colliery|
Broomside Boiler Works
Camp Colliery Pit No 2
Parkhead Colliery Pit No 7
Dalzell and Broomside Colliery
Motherwell Colliery No 3 Watsonville Colliery
Motherwell Tram Depot
Ross Yard Rock Crusher and Gantry Crane
Motherwell Signalling Centre
Motherwell South Signal Box
Hamilton Road Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1900||Caledonian Railway|
Camp (Camp Colliery Junction) to Flemington (Shieldmuir Junction) curve authorised.
|/ /1905||Caledonian Railway|
Extra time for the Camp (Camp Colliery Junction) to Flemington (Shieldmuir Junction) curve previously authorised.
|/ /1907||Caledonian Railway|
Camp (Camp Colliery Junction) to Flemington (Shieldmuir Junction) curve cut back and altered. Western portion abandoned and eastern portion will be from Shieldmuir Junction to Flemington Goods.