Causewayend Siding (1903-1907)
Opened on the Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway.
This siding was for the transshipment of materials - largely puddle clay - with the 3 ft gauge Culter Waterhead Railway. This narrow gauge line ran south and, like the Talla Railway, was used into the building of the dam which created Coulter Reservoir at Culter Waterhead. The siding was west of Biggar station, Coulter station was a little further to the west.
The dam was built by Robert McAlpine for the towns of Motherwell and Wishaw.
Other railway and industry locations
Leggatfoot Signal Box
Pettinain Signal Box
Biggar Gas Works Museum
Cowgill Lower Reservoir
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|