Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Station code: CYK National Rail ScotRail
This is a two platform station on an embankment. The main station building is on the eastbound platform and it has a footbridge.
The station was built on the extension of the Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway which made the existing Clydebank [1st] station into a terminus, on a short branch, renamed Clydebank East and continued the line west by a fly under junction to a new Dalmuir station.
There were no goods facilities, these were just to the east at Clydebank East. A signal box opened with the station, it closed in 1909.
The station became Clydebank Central in 1907, probably to avoid confusion with the competing Clydebank [CR] just to the south and emphasise this station was more central to the town.
To the south of the station was the John Brown Shipyard.
Clydebank Central Junction was opened just to the west in 1976 which allowed closure of much of the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.
Singer Workers Platforms
Renfrew Fulbar Street
| Clydebank Goods|
Clydebank Goods Junction
Clydebank Central Junction
North British Chemical Works
Clydebank East Shed
Kilbowie Swing Bridge
Singer Signal Box
Dalmuir No 23 Tunnels
Titan Crane [Clydebank]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1987||Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway|
Chivas Bros Siding to Dalmuir Riverside closed, Dalmuir Riverside to Clydebank (Clydebank Central Junction) is disused but retained. The line is dismantled around ten years later and a stump retained at the junction.