Crieff Viaduct (1893-1964)
Opened on the Crieff and Comrie Railway.
This was a single track viaduct of around 114 feet to the west of Crieff [2nd] station which passed over the Turret Burn.
The viaduct was demolished after closure as was a considerable length of embankment to its east and a smaller bridge over the mill lade for Dallerie Woollen Mill. Like the viaduct, the mill has been demolished.
A little further east was Crieff Tunnel, just before Crieff [2nd] station.
Other railway and industry locations
Crieff West Signalbox
Crieff Shed [1st]
Crieff Shed [2nd]
Crieff Timber Yard
Earn Viaduct [Strageath]
Sir David Baird^s Monument
Muthill Old Church and Tower
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Railways of Upper Strathearn: Crieff - Balquhidder