Dunblane Shed (1858-1868)
Opened on the Dunblane, Doune and Callander Railway.
This shed was located in the 'V' of the junction between the Scottish Central Railway and the Dunblane, Doune and Callander Railway from which it branched. This was a one track single ended shed approached from the south. It was re-located.
The shed had opened with the Callander [1st] line, but locomotive duties were soon taken over by the shed at Stirling South Shed.
Bridge of Allan [1st]
Bridge of Allan
Abbeycraig Level Crossing
Menstrie and Glenochil
Other railway and industry locations
Springbank Mill Siding
Ashfield Signal Box
Battle of Sheriffmuir Monument
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|10/11/1868||Scottish Central Railway|
Decision taken to move the locomotive shed at Dunblane Shed to Dolphinton [CR] on the Dolphinton Branch (Caledonian Railway). The Kinbuck banking engine operated from Stirling after 1865.