This was a two platform station north of Dunblane. The main station building was on the northbound platform. A similar example exists at Blackford.
There was a goods yard to the north of the station on the west side, approached from the north. On the east side was a siding serving a sand pit. The station^s signal box, replaced 1916, was on the east side, north of the southbound platform.
Kinbuck closed to passengers in 1956. The signal box remained open until 1966.
The station building is now a house. Nothing remains of the platforms. The same pit is currently (2018) a landfill site.
Bridge of Allan [1st]
Bridge of Allan
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Ashfield Siding|
Ashfield Signal Box
Laigh Hill Tunnel
Springbank Mill Siding
Battle of Sheriffmuir Monument
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|22/05/1848||Scottish Central Railway|
Opened from Stirling to Perth. Stations at: Bridge of Allan [1st], Dunblane, Kinbuck, Greenloaning, Auchterarder, Dunning, Forteviot, Forgandenny, Perth General.
|10/11/1868||Scottish Central Railway|
Decision taken to move the locomotive shed at Dunblane Shed to Dolphinton [CR] on the Dolphinton Branch (Caledonian Railway). The Kinbuck banking engine and Callander [1st] engines operated from Stirling after 1865.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)