This loop is between Branchton and Inverkip. There is no station here.
There was a siding (Clocherlee Quarry Railway) to Clocherlee Quarry which crossed the Kip Water. The signal box here was replaced in 1895, just before much of the line was doubled. Dunrod became the northern end of a double track section which ran south through Inverkip to Finnockbog Siding.
The loop is all that remains of the double track section. The box closed in 1967 when Paisley Power Box took over.
Wemyss Bay [1st]
Greenock Princes Pier [1st]
Daff Glen Viaducts
Inverkip Power Station
Overton Paper Mill
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/06/1903||Greenock and Wemyss Bay Railway|
Doubling of Dunrod Loop to Wemyss Bay opened.