This was a single platform terminus with a trainshed. The trainshed was cut back at an unknown date before closure. The station was to the west of Grangemouth No 2 Signal Box where the lines to the older and newer Grangemouth docks divided.
The station building appears to be the original terminus. To the immediate north Station Road originally crossed the dock lines on the level, being lifted onto a bridge as traffic increased from further docks.
The passenger lines joined the goods and mineral lines to the south, at Grangemouth No 1 Signal Box. The whole line was doubled in 1882 just in advance of the opening of the Carron Dock.
Nothing now remains of the station. A warehouse occupies a similar site and the trackbed alongside is vacant.
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Manuel High Level
Manuel Low Level
| Grangemouth No 2 Signal Box|
Grangemouth Shed [1st]
Grangemouth No 3 Signal Box
Grangemouth Docks Shed
Grangemouth No 1 Signal Box
Caledonian Saw Mills
Grangemouth Timber Basin
Grangemouth Junction Dock
Grangemouth New Timber Basin
Grangemouth Canal Basin
Grangemouth Old Dock
Grangemouth Bonded Timber Basin
Grangemouth Old Harbour
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1857||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)
Stirlingshire Midland Junction Railway|
Grangemouth to Falkirk Grahamston line bill. Not authorised.
|/ /1891||Kirkcaldy District Railway (North British Railway)|
Bill promoted to extend the line west to Larbert and Grangemouth, both on the Caledonian Railway. Bill passes in the Commons but fails in the Lords.
|18/02/1913||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)|
Grangemouth]town goods shed authorised (north east of Grangemouth station, across Station Road and Dock Road).
|29/01/1968||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)|
Grangemouth to Falkirk Grahamston (Grangemouth Junction) closed to passengers.