This line is closed. The line was freight only and was built to relieve the neighbouring mainlines of some traffic. There was an intermediary goods depot at Auchtertool about half way along the line. The line was built to be suitable for passenger use. Auchtertool Goods was built as a passenger station and a stationmaster appointed.
|/ /1890||Kirkcaldy District Railway (North British Railway)|
Line authorised, initially as an independent railway.
|/ /1891||Kirkcaldy District Railway (North British Railway)|
Bill promoted to extend the line west to Larbert and Grangemouth, both on the Caledonian Railway. Bill passes in the Commons but fails in the Lords.
|03/03/1896||Kirkcaldy District Railway (North British Railway)|
Line opened as a goods relief line between Invertiel Junction (Kirkcaldy) and Foulford Junction (Cowdenbeath) with a goods station at Auchtertool Goods.
|17/11/1963||Kirkcaldy District Railway (North British Railway)|
Invertiel Junction to Cowdenbeath closed.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This junction opened in 1894 with the opened of the Kirkcaldy District Railway (North British Railway). It met the existing former Dunfermline Branch (Edinburgh and Northern Railway). Access to the new line was from the south.
This goods station was to the east of Auchtertool. There was a loop with a signal box, the loop on the south side. The goods sidings ran from the west end of the loop. The box was the only one along the line and closed in 1923.
This was the junction between the 1847 Edinburgh and Northern Railway and the Kirkcaldy District Railway (North British Railway) opened in 1896. Both lines were double track although the newer line became single track as it struck off west of the junction. Approach was from the south.