Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Wishaw and Coltness Railway.
This station was located close to today's Mossend North Junction and the Mossend Marshalling Yard.
The original station was a two platform station just to the south of what was Holytown Junction [1st] on the line south, with no platforms on the line east.
It was closed and replaced with Mossend station, just to the north of Holytown Junction [1st]. This was in 1882, the new station being able to also serve the line east to Edinburgh Princes Street via Shotts.
After closure the station sidings remained in use as a goods yard.
Bothwell Park Halt
Calder Iron Works [Station]
| Mossend North Junction|
Mossend No 3 Junction
Mossend No 1 Junction
Mossend West Junction
Mossend Concrete Works
Mossend Iron and Steel Works
Mossend Steel Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Old Newmains and the Villages Around Wishaw
Wishaw 1896: Lanarkshire Sheet 18.03 (Old O.S. Maps of Lanarkshire)