Hyndland Station Junction

Location type

Junction

Names and dates

Partick Junction (1886-1960)
Hyndland Junction (1960-1990)
Hyndland Station Junction (1990-)

Opened on the Stobcross Railway.
Opened on the Glasgow City and District Railway.

Description

Opened with the Hyndland [1st] branch of the Glasgow City and District Railway.

Partick Junction 1886 - 1960 (box closed, replaced by Hyndland Power Box along with electrification)
Hyndland Junction 1960 - 1990 (Hyndland box closed replaced by Yoker Signalling Centre)
Hyndland Station Junction 1990 - present

Other names used for this location include Partickhill Junction, Hyndland Depot Junction and Hyndland South Junction. These are thought to be colloquial only.

Hyndland Station Junction is north of the site of Partick Junction and controls access to the Partickhill CCE siding (formerly Partickhill Goods [NBR]) and Hyndland loop (formerly access to the extensive Whiteinch Loop Sidings).

Tags

Junction

Aliases

Partickhill Junction Hyndland Depot Junction Hyndland South Junction
03/08/2020


Dates

05/05/1958Glasgow City and District Railway
Hyndland [1st] to Partick Junction closed to freight
05/11/1960Glasgow City and District Railway
Hyndland [1st] to Partick Junction closed to passengers (Hyndland becomes an Electric Multiple Unit maintenance depot)

Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)

An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways