This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The main station building was on the northbound platform.
The passing loop extended beyond the platforms to the north west, crossing over the B961. Originally there was a siding from the northbound line north of the crossing.
The goods yard was on the east side, accessed from the south.
The signal box, on southbound platform, survived closure to passengers in 1955 and remained until 1967 when the line closed.
The station building is a house, altered. Much of the station site is now its garden. Houses have been built on the goods yard site. The abutments of the double track bridge over the road remain.
| Dighty Water Viaduct|
Broughty Ferry Goods
Broughty Ferry Shed
Tay Oilcake Works
Maryfield Tram Depot
Tayport Spinning Mill Siding
Tayport Spinning Mill
Ardestie Earth House
Carlungie Earth House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|14/11/1870||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Opened; stations at Kingsmuir, Kirkbuddo, Kingennie.