Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway.
This was a single platform station, the first north from Broughty Ferry on the direct line to Forfar [2nd].
The platform was on the west side of the line. On the east side was the goods yard, accessed from the south.
The signal box, replaced in 1921 with a larger building on a similar site south of the station building, survived the closure of the line to passengers in 1955 and remained open until the line's closure in 1967.
The site is now housing. However a road bridge, which crossed the line, survives at the north end and an abutment of a bridge survives at the south end - reduced in height in recent years and cunningly used by a car showroom to display a favoured car
To the south the line flew over the Dundee and Arbroath Railway to reach Broughty Junction.
| Balmossie Siding|
Dighty Water Viaduct
Broughty Ferry Goods
Broughty Ferry Shed
Tayport Spinning Mill Siding
Tayport Spinning Mill
Tay Oilcake Works
Carolina Port Signal Box
Ardestie Earth House
Carlungie Earth House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1952||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Barnhill renamed Barnhill (Angus).