To the west were lines to (from north to south):
- main line west to Broughty Ferry station
- goods loop
- Broughty Ferry Goods - Broughty Pier
To the east (north to south):
- main line east to Arbroath - branch line to Barnhill (Angus) and Forfar [2nd]
The latter started on the south side before flying over the main line to head north east.
The signal box, on the south side of the junction, was replaced in 1892. It closed in 1965.
| Broughty Ferry Goods|
Broughty Ferry Shed
Dighty Water Viaduct
Tayport Spinning Mill Siding
Tayport Spinning Mill
Tay Oilcake Works
Carolina ^A^ Power Station
Caledon Boiler Shop
Carolina Port Signal Box
Ardestie Earth House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/05/1851||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
Broughty Ferry to Broughty Pier closed, having been replaced with a new curve running from Broughty Pier to Broughty Junction.
|01/06/1878||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
Broughty Junction to Broughty Pier closed to passengers with the opening of the Tay Bridge and Associated Lines (North British Railway).
|01/02/1880||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
Broughty Junction to Broughty Pier re-opened following the Tay Bridge [1st] disaster - Tay Bridge and Associated Lines (North British Railway).
|19/06/1887||Dundee and Arbroath Railway|
Broughty Junction to Broughty Pier closed to passengers on opening of the new Tay Bridge.
|10/01/1955||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Forfar [2nd] (Forfar North Junction) to Dundee East (Broughty Junction) closed to passengers.
|08/12/1958||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Forfar North Junction (excluded) to Kingsmuir (excluded) closed to goods. The line becomes a long goods branch from Broughty Junction to Kingsmuir.
|09/10/1967||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Kingsmuir to Broughty Junction (excluded) closed to goods.