This was a single platform station to the north of a road overbridge and located in a deep cutting. The platform was on the east side of the line.
The goods yard was south of the overbridge. It had a loop on the east side of the line with a siding running south and another north from the midpoint of the curving loop.
The signal box closed in 1932. The line closed to passengers in 1955. The route north to Forfar North Junction closed in 1958 and remained in use for goods and minerals as a long branch from Broughty Ferry until 1967. Signal boxes remained open elsewhere until the end.
The cutting has been infilled to the north. To the south the cutting is largely infilled and a house is built on the site.
The station was a mile to the south, by road, from the village of Kingsmuir.
Forfar is growing and Kingsmuir may be joined to Forfar before long. But both have no railway.
| Clocksbriggs Oil Sidings|
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Station Linen Works
Forfar Shed [1st]
Forfar North Junction
Canmore Jute Works
Forfar South Junction
Turfbeg Road Bridge
Bowman's Level Crossing
Loch of Forfar
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|14/11/1870||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Opened; stations at Kingsmuir, Kirkbuddo, Kingennie.
|08/12/1958||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Forfar North Junction (excluded) to Kingsmuir (excluded) closed to goods. The line becomes a long goods branch from Broughty Junction to Kingsmuir.
|09/10/1967||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|
Kingsmuir to Broughty Junction (excluded) closed to goods.