This was a single platform station, with the platform on the south side of the line. The station opened in 1872, two years after the line.
From the east end of the station was access to a pair of goods yard sidings serving a loading bank on the north side of the station. To the south was access to Affleck Seed Crushing Works (later marked Farina Mills). These sidings were accessed from the east. The signal box was at the east end of the platform.
A siding was later added east of the station, accessed from the station.
The station closed to passengers in 1955. In 1958 the route north was severed north of Kingsmuir and the line became a long goods only branch from Broughty Ferry. The railway closed in 1967. The box had survived until closure.
Monikie was very small when the railway arrived. It is now quite sizeable.
Little remains of the station. The site has been largely infilled although part of the platform remains. It is currently vacant. A lattice road bridge is to the west of the site.
Canmore - Affleck Castle is to the north west.
| Affleck Seed Crushing Works|
Dighty Water Viaduct
Taymouth Engineering Works and Iron Foundry
Panmure Signal Box
Panmure Works (Jute)
Carlungie Earth House
Ardestie Earth House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1872||Dundee and Forfar Direct Railway (Caledonian Railway)|